Emma Phillips was 'enjoying' with partner Lee Miller, 29, during the early hours of Saturday morning when the sex toy ‘disappeared’. She even thought bf Lee had hidden the vibrator under a pillow only to press down on her navel and hear a vibrating sound 'inside her'.
Emma was rushed to hospital to receive surgical procedure and has now spoken out, warning other women to not let shame stop them from seeking medical help if they are faced with a similar situation in the future.
“We were looking around the bed in case it had fallen out. When I leaned on my stomach I could feel it vibrating – it was stuck low down and at one point was even wedged behind my hip.”“For a while Lee was suggesting all kinds of wonderful options.'' She said to Sun UK.
“He tried a kitchen fork handle, which we won’t be using again, and said he could feel it at one point but that it was too far up – it was a goner. He tried BBQ prongs too but after a certain point – after an hour of trying – we knew were going to have to go to hospital. We were both a bit shocked.”
“We’d both been drinking the night before so we couldn’t drive. I had to make the most embarrassing call to the ambulance at 7am. The call handler said ‘tell me exactly what the problem is’ so I had to tell him.”
“At that point it was just more surreal than anything. I didn’t feel much pain at that point – I was in too much shock. The doctors were really good – they all moved quite quickly and were so reassuring telling me they saw it quite often which was quite a relief.
At first we were jokey about it but then realised it wasn’t much of a joke especially when there was talk of going through my stomach if they couldn’t get it.” “I think before that I thought of it as just a little operation to get it out, I still wasn’t taking it that seriously. When he said that – that only when I woke up would I know whether they would have to cut me open – it was really scary.”
At 12pm Emma underwent the surgery which involved placing a camera down her throat and the surgeon pressing on her stomach before manually extracting it.Emma said:
“My daughter was staying with my mum and dad as I stayed at Lee’s the night before.
“I wasn’t going to tell them but then I was going into surgery I knew we were going to have to say something so I told my mum the real reason. I just took some painkillers and was told not to use stuff like that again until I was ready. I’ve learnt that I’ll need to be a bit more careful in the future.
“Lee’s not been scarred by it – he just thinks it’s funny. I think he should have one up his bum and take one for the team.”We weren’t going to do anything about it because of the embarrassment – there’s a big taboo about it – but we knew we needed help.
“I want to say a massive thank you to the ambulance crew and Wrexham Hospital staff who were really good, really reassuring and non-judgemental. There is a big taboo about this, but it really isn’t a big deal. You hear about people becoming really ill or even dying because they’re too embarrassed to get help – I would hate that to happen to someone.”