sending out news...old and new, just want to keep you guys updated...STAY TUNED..love you all...
Sunday, 18 September 2016
Governor Cuomo said the New York bomb was an 'act of terrorism'
Governor Cuomo has said the New York bomb was an 'act of terrorism' but no link to international groups has been found. He said this while he was addressing reporters on Sunday near the site of the explosion.
Mr Cuomo said significant damage had been caused and "we were lucky there were no fatalities". Saturday night's blast in Manhattan injured 29 people.
Some 1,000 extra security personnel are being deployed to NY transport hubs.
Mr Cuomo said: "Whoever placed these bombs - we will find them and they will be brought to justice."
A second device - a pressure cooker attached to wiring and a mobile phone - had been found four blocks from the site of the explosion in the Chelsea district and was removed safely.
But he said that, as yet, no international organisation such as so-called Islamic State had claimed they were behind it.
Mr Cuomo said: "We will not allow these type of people and these type of threats to disrupt our life in New York. This is freedom. This is democracy, and we are not going to allow them to take that from us.
"They want to instil terror. They want to make you worry about going into New York. We're not going to let them instil fear."